ga('create', 'UA-54996203-1', 'auto');
With cold and flu season beginning to make its mark on the Northeast, Rego Realty would like to provide you with 9 easy tips on how to keep you and your friends healthy and happy during the winter season.
1. Stay Hydrated – Doctors recommend that adults consume at least 8 glasses of water each day. While consuming water, it is also important to partake in water-rich foods.
2. Keep Stress Levels as Low as Possible – Several studies show that high stress levels are directly linked to adults catching the flu. Minimize stress by decreasing work and travel times, spending time with friends and family and investing time in hobbies.
3. Eat Healthy Foods – Maintaining a healthy diet with fruits and vegetables is proven to keep your body clean and in good working order.
4. Understand your body – Do homework on yourself and understand what makes you feel good and what makes you feel bad. Eating mainly vegetables may work for some people and not for others. A diverse mix of all foods is typically the best way to keep your body healthy.
5. Exercise – Any amount of exercise that can be fit into a daily routine will be beneficial to the human body. Getting out and going for a short walk can do wonders for a person’s mental state as well as their immune system.
6. Sleep – The average adult should get at least 6-8 hours of sleep per night. Without the proper amount of sleep, the body becomes very susceptible to illness. Sleeping helps recharge a person’s batteries!
7. Good Hygiene – Be sure to always wash your hands to keep bacteria and viruses from entering your system. Keeping a hand sanitizer near you at all times can be beneficial to you and your co-workers
8. Don’t Smoke – Smoking severely weakens a person’s immune system. Avoid it at all costs!
9. Avoid Sugary Foods and Drinks – Sugar is detrimental to the immune system. Avoiding sugar can be one of the most essential tools in keeping a healthy immune system.